At a recent Women's Leadership Symposium, I garnered advice from the closing panel - all amazing women leaders. Here's what that powerhouse of a panel had to say:
- Seek role models.
- You only lead if others follow.
- We are given two ears and one mouth - listen twice as much as you speak.
- Be generous with your time - in the community, towards your passion, & building your skill set.
- It never matters what happens to you; it is how you respond.
- Make mistakes and learn from them.
- Never compromise your values.
- Be respectful; Tackle an issue, not each other.
- Make yourself valuable. Take the job no one wants and excel at it.