There are some things I am good at and some things, I'm not. Being a great friend and making the time for my friends is one of my goals for early 2014 and something I really, really, really want to improve.
My super power, I've discovered, is connection. So, without these amazing friends in my life, how will I honor it?
Thus, I'm on a coffee date tour. Actually, it doesn't have to just be coffee - lunch, hiking, crafting - those are all good activities to rally around and spend time with my friends. So far, I've....
- Had coffee with Jennifer S.
- Had coffee via Skype with Susan from Crafterhours
- Had coffee with the Starbucks queen, Cathy
- Had lunch with my coaching friends in person
- Had a crafting day with the Higgins Family
- Had a Facetime lunch with Jenn in California
- Had tea with Jesse, the statue, one impromptu afternoon
- Had coffee with Mr. UpCyclist and Randy one impromptu morning
- Had coffee via Facetime with lifetime BFF, Cindy
My goal is ten coffee dates. I'm up to nine with the two impromptu ones. I have four more on the books - Carey, Shannon, Erin, and Courtney. I've only been stood up once. Ha! She is soooo embarrassed - I won't mention any names. And, I have a few more thoughts about who I've been neglecting. Actually, the list is pretty long.
Then, there's this question: Why didn't I start this sooner? These people - these friends - totally fuel my soul and I hope I do the same for them.