We interrupt Tech Tuesday to bring you Life Updated.....
Are you sad? Are you missing our usual Tech Tuesday?
After such a full Thanksgiving weekend, I felt like I needed a chance to reflect. Yes, me. Sometimes I have to put myself first.
- For Hanukkah (we celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas over here), Mr. UpCyclist and I took Lil O to see a local production of Annie. The lead gal - a homeschooler in fourth grade - was SO good. I mean, really good. After the first song, Lil O gave me the double thumbs up and said, this is going to be great. She was correct. The night and production were lovely.
- Do you see all those sets of sparkly earrings and necklaces above? As you might remember, Lil O is a budding fashion designer, so I totally let go of the reins and encouraged her to design all the items you see. I did the making. She did the designing and I love her unique color combinations and use of beads. In just about every instance, I thought, I would have never put those beads together - yet they all came out awesome and stylish.
- Jedi turned two years old! We packed his day full of fun - hiking, a playdate with his doggie BFF, chasing remote control cars, yummy meals (of egg noodles, real chicken and broth) and fun new squeak toys. I seriously don't think I could love a dog anymore than I love Jedi. Do you feel that way about your pets?
- News flash: Lil O got a new bike AND it is nicer than mine. AND she has clip-in pedals. AND she has brand new clip-in shoes. The bike doesn't arrive until early 2014 and I am seriously going to get schooled by her. #helpme
- Another 5K....for two years now, our friends meet us at a local trailhead and we run our own Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning. We did it again and ran 3.7 miles. Woot! I love when kids run long distances. The beam with pride after, don't they? Heck, I was beaming with pride.
- Did you see our chalkboard covered in math....again? Wait until I share some other math chalkboard photos with you another day. PS - Aren't Lil O and friend, K, too cute?! Those two are industrious when they are together.
- Truism: Everyday Mr. U and I pack a love note in Lil O's lunchbox. We've been doing that for a good five years now. Guess it must be genetic. My mom left me a lunch note, too, recently. I was surprised and thought, ahhhh...this is love.
- I have a bird brother named Sebastian. He is potty-trained. Seriously, he is. Jedi likes to like his feathers. He keeps nipping at my fingers, but mark my words - that bird is going to adore me one day.
- Recently, my mom found a vintage typewriter in her attic. I took it back to Maryland and have been obsessed with it every since. It isn't the one pictured above - that is my mom's friend's typewriter from 1917 - but, you can see a photo of my 1960s typewriter here. I'm in the process of ordering new ribbon for mine. If right now you have no idea why a typewriter would need ribbon, then.....
We need to talk.
Cuz' it means I'm getting old.
Speaking of getting old, I meant to reflect on Thanksgiving and then, it completely slipped my mind. #seniormoment Thanksgiving weekend was lovely - lots of good family, outdoor, and craft time, plus, I coached my first teen! You know how I've been coaching folks, right? Well, I've been wanting to practice on a teen and I did. AND.....I think the teen and I both liked the coaching experience. I may set a new goal - coach ten teens in ten days. Try saying that ten times fast......