There have been a few consistent things this past week....
- Making holiday garlands and infinity scarves as presents. I am not a seamstress, at all, but I can sew a straight line. Maybe I should write a book, Straight Line Crafts: For Those Who Own a Sewing Machine, But Don't Really Sew or Know What the Heck They Are Doing.
- Holing up at local coffee shops to work. Did you know you can listen to the hum of a coffee shop at Coffitvity? Apparently, that hum boosts creativity. You can read this article for more info on that study. I took a Skillshare class once and the guy who came up with Coffitivity was in my class.
- Playing with our new-old typewriter. Lil O is mesmerized by it. I know now where to buy old-school typewriter supplies and ribbon. Thank you, Mr. Internet.
- Reliving my Etsy moment. I want more of those.
- Hiking and trail running in the snow with sweet Jedi. Mr. UpCyclist and I were concerned his paws would get too cold and snow would cake on them. Alas, that is not an issue at all. Maybe he really is part husky.
- Staring out my holiday card from our second lady, Dr. Jill Biden. After meeting her in 2010, I always get a holiday card from her. I noticed this year, their German Shepard - Champ - was featured on the front of the card.
Jedi wants a play date with Champ.