|Photo by Yoga Mom Sylvie|
See this face? How can I be mad at this face? I mean really. When you pull an antelope move from a moving car what do you expect? Cheers? Applause? I mean, Jedi's leap out of the car window while the car was slowly moving today was flawless. Executed with perfection. No broken bones or injuries. Can I really be mad?
Of course I can be. Mad, upset, disappointed, pissed, saddened, the whole nine yards - maybe ten.
However, thankfully, I already had a phone appointment scheduled with life coach, Sue, this morning. You bet this was the first "issue" we discussed. And the only issue.
Here are my conclusions after my coaching session:
- I am way too hard on myself. Sue reminded me that perfect passed away in the fall. ....I seem to forgot her passing....
- Jedi is lovely, but our family has dropped the ball on his training since last summer.
- No excuses, our family is signing up for a training class with Jedi. Like now.
- Dog training classes don't have to be boring. I am exploring other training opportunities like a nosework or agility class for Jedi and our family.
- I am not alone in this. I have Mr. UpCyclist, Lil O and a ton of other dog parents to consult.
- Perhaps, Jedi is preparing me for when Olive takes a leap of faith - maybe as a teen? Oh my.
- Sue is amazing. Really, she is. She asked me what Jedi might have thought about the window leap. Really? What does Jedi think?
He's still going to a training class.
What a morning,
PS - Did you ever have a dog leap out of your moving car? Tell me about it below. I need strength in numbers.